Vegan (with or without honey)
Preparation: 2 hours
Makes about 4 cups
- 3 c. rolled oats
- 1/2 c. wheat germ
- 1/2 c. mixed nuts, halved
- 1/2 c. unsweetened, desiccated coconut
- 2 T. sunflower or sesame seeds
- 2/3 c. liquid honey or rice syrup
- 1/4 c. vegetable oil
- 3/4 c. dried fruit
- In a small bowl, whisk honey or rice syrup with the oil.
- In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients, except dried fruit.
- Add oil mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Spread onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 250F for 90 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool.
- Stir in dried fruit.
Refrigerate in air-tight container for up to 2 weeks.
285 cal per 1/2 cup; 6g. prot, 12g fat.
If you have comments or suggestions,
Amanda's Kitchen is devoted to introducing healthy
vegetarian and vegan cooking to everyone's kitchen.
Page last updated: July 9th, 2000
This page created with Netscape Navigator Gold